Since getting married, I have developed an affinity for the staples of the suburban, home-owning male: grilling and landscaping. I always wondered why my married friends talked so much about Boston butts, barbecue rubs, and crape myrtles, all while expending ammo at the shooting range mind you. It seems I am now an initiate in this suburban cult and I have no regrets.
In light of my new interest in the grill, my wife recently bought me a new grill and armed me with a number of cookbooks that now occupy several inches of shelf space on the kitchen bookcase. I did, of course, reciprocate by buying her a wrought iron dining set for the patio on which to enjoy the tasty fare coming off the grill. Anyway, I have been having a fine time testing out my new recipes for Red Hot Chicken Skewers, Maple Glazed Pork Chops, and good ol' Pulled Pork. In fact, there is a Boston butt (the cut often used for pulled pork) smoking on my grill as we speak. Let's hope it turns out; we have company coming for dinner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That pulled pork tasted very yummy. You did a great job!
Thank you, love. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Post a Comment